Saturday 15 December 2012

YOUR MIND IS A TREASURE, SO MIND MAP IT

I really can't help but to giggle a bit when the lecturer discussed about "How to make a mind map". Here, Tony Buzan, a professor had been introduced to us as a guideline on how we can produce a mind map. I was like..


"So he's a professor specialized in mind mapping. I'm on the other hand, a professor specialized in making paper airplanes"

That's so rude of me, isn't it?

However, mind map of course has been proven as probably the most effective method to reconstruct what the mind is thinking into an understandable form. There are plenty of ways that you can construct your mind map, according to what eases you more.



HOW TO CREATE A MIND MAP?



THANK YOU TRACY, THAT WAS REALLY HELPFUL :)

So, for those who prefer keyboard more than pencil, my friend gave me a software that I regard as "just in time" because she pretty much gave it when I needed it the most. It's a software which allows you to create a mind map so you can have a clearer idea on what actually your mind is trying to whisper to you. ;)

First of all, visit this website...

http://www.thebrain.com/


You should have something like this. Now download it, then I can teach you how to make a mind map. :)


MIND MAP PROCESS

First of all, what you need is the HEADLINE, or the MAIN TOPIC of what the mind map is all about. In this case, I'm using the deadly assignment, Figurine Photography as the subject. (well, I really actually did this mind map so I won't lose track of what am I going to do. It proves that mind-mapping really works)

There you go. FIGURINE PHOTOGRAPHY ASSIGNMENT

Next, what we need to do is branch the sub-headings of the topic. Meaning that the main factors that can be associated to our mind map. In this case, since Sir Che Mat Azhar asked for 6 types of photography skills, we split the mind map into 6 main branches with each signifying the type of photography skill wanted. They are Silhouette, Shape and Pattern, Reflection, Shadow, Foreground Frame, and Leading Line


We have our 6 branches already, we are in the right track


Now come the brainstorming part! So here, all our ideas may now be classified into 6 different segments so that no matter how random our ideas may be, they are not going to be scattered because you've already limited your mind into thinking only 6 sections. What you need to do now is select any segment and if your mind is a car, we say

START YOUR ENGINE!


We are going to use the section for Foreground Frame


In Foreground Frame, I've branched out again a few characteristics that belong to this particular section. For example, how the shot is going to be taken, the position and action of the figurine and even where the light source will be so I will have a clearer vision of how this will be done.








AND THAT'S CHILDREN, HOW TO DO A MIND MAP.. :)



the software indeed helps me a lot, I suggest you guys download it as well...


P/S : you cannot see the pics properly ah?too small ah? click the pictures laa deyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment