Saturday 29 December 2012

JUXTAPOSITION

I didn't come to class that day, but I have a feeling that I'm sooo gonna love this... ;)

"Can the saviour be for real, are you just my SEVENTH SEAL?" 
                                   
                                                                                                         - Placebo (Special K)

"You are SMELL BEFORE RAIN, you are the BLOOD IN MY VEIN"

                                                           - Brand New (The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot)


"Shall I compare thee to a SUMMER'S DAY?"
               
                                                                - William Shakespeare (Sonet 18)


Juxtaposition, a hard word to pronounce, but to make it simple. for playboys, we call it "sweet-talking". In literature, we call it "metaphores". For Science students, we call it an act of symbolizing a subject with another known or more familiar subject. It's really irony here because we learned it in Madam Elizabeth Marshall's class that day where we need to come up with a metaphore. This is what I came up with. IT'S NOT ORIGINAL!

"women are pigeons. you can watch them and they are so beautiful. But once you come near them, they'll fly away."

And not only that, there are many other symbols that I've found interesting.

"a man's ego is like a hornet's nest. You better don't poke it"

"become the beach, it gets hot fast, but it gets cold fast. Don't be like the sea."


I REALLY LOVE METAPHORE, IT MAKES EVERYTHING THAT MUCH MORE INTERESTING!


So yea, we have to come up with 3 poems I guess, (I didn't come to class and I'm gonna say that again.haha). This is spontaneous, let's see what I can come up with.


MORTAR AND PESTLE

Am I making you dizzy?
I have a head, but inside is empty.
Take my feeling and yours, we blend it in
I'll hold the spices, you lay them flat
A pinch of salt for the dreary days
A pinch of sugar for the moments we favour
So the memory remains as our taste buds tingles 
To remind us that two won't spoil the broth.

NEXT UP....CLOCK THINGY..

CLOCK 

It's an hour of no surrender
An hour of taking it back
An hour of no regret
An hour of starting over

It must've hurt to patiently wait
For the hour to come and propose
To lay out his plan for you.
But you did your waiting, didn't you?
With your hands closely attached to each other
Politely ask for an earlier flight

As the grandfather's clock becomes annoying
The sound is too loud but you don't really mind
Because the plane has arrived to take you away
To the play you belong, to the place you deserve
So fly in the name of this hour. Fly high in the name of time
As time serves a chance if you are ready
And drowns it if you are not.

NEXT UP...ICE CREAM THINGY

ICE CREAM

How old is your soul?
How cold is your soul?
Do insecurities give you brain freeze?
And is the cream your teardrop?

Have you ever build a scoop of hope
Only to see it melts?
Carve an art only to see it breaks apart?
How can something sweet turns into an insult
That turns little children into a group of adults
A sum of people that know little about fun
As fun is temporary.....
Like an ice cream before it melts.


DONE, I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT I WAS WRITING BUT I GUESS IT'S FINE.

GONNA LEAVE THIS POST WITH AN ARTWORK THAT I MADE


DO YOU GUYS GET THIS PICTURE?

No comments:

Post a Comment